Advertising, Brainstorming, Customer Retention, Customer Service, Marketing | 2 Comments
Don’t just sit there in a funk. The media news may be gloomy but you don’t have to succumb. Be proactive. Here are a few One-A-Day Marketing Vitamins from my white paper on the subject.
- Make a list of the 20 people who have most helped your business succeed and take them to lunch over the next month.
- Send a handwritten note to your best customers, thanking them for the part they have played in your success.
- Develop a marketing calendar that lists all of your planned marketing activities for the year in these categories: Direct Mail, Networking, Public Relations, Advertising, New Products & Services, Marketing Communications Material.
- Give a speech. If you need help with your presentation skills, take a course from my friend, Ty Boyd, who is the best in the business.
- Hold a monthly session with employees to discuss marketing and sales ideas. Your field people are in touch with customers, who often have the best new ideas for you.
There are 45 more ideas in One-A-Day Marketing Vitamins.
Other Posts You Might Like
The following two tabs change content below.
Harry Hoover is a partner in My Creative Team, the agency that makes Fortune 1000 clients look good. His communications career spans 35 years and runs the gamut from print and broadcast journalism, government and corporate communications to advertising and public relations agencies. He is the author of Moving to Charlotte: The Un-Tourist Guide.
Latest posts by Harry Hoover (see all)
- Born Creative – Our New Book Will Be Free For 500 People - August 12, 2015
- Marketers: Video’s Time Has Come - April 13, 2015
- The Best Of THINKing – Check Out Our Top Posts - August 22, 2014